Research Project "Documents of Veneration Presented to Mahatama Gandhiji"
Gandhiji a great man , occupies a leading place among the messengers of peace in the world . Gabdhiji ‘s principles of truth ,non- violence and satyagraha (insistence on the observance of truth) and their practice is well-known all over the world . For this, a number of documents of veneration have been presented to Gandhiji from the country (India) as well as from foreign countries. But till to date no research of such documents of veneration has been done. Such documents have been preserved in the museums of India where, Gandhiji lived. For example several documents of veneration have been preserved in the sabermati ashrama at Amdavad. This research aims at discovering such available documents and carrying out formal research on them.
Documents presented to Gandhijin can be divided into two parts:
1. Documents of veneration received in South Africa.
2. Documents of veneration received in India.
By obtaining documents of veneration received by Gandhiji and to do their research study is inevitable. According to it:
1. The language of documents of veneration
2. Detail about the institution and the leading persons presenting such documents.
3. Ideas and expectations expressed in these documents.
4. Political, Social and Constrictive atmosphere of the period when they were presented.
5. Details about the programme arranged at the time of presenting such documents.
6. Gandhiji’s speech or response at the time of accepting such documents of veneration.
The objective of research of these documents of veneration is to weave a number of such matters,
This would be the first work relating to research of documents of veneration received by Gnadhiji . It is not known whether any such work in this field has been done before this. From this point of view , too, the value of this research work can be considered most important.
For this Project we require bulky amount. Any Gandhian Institute ready to help in this Project, we welcome him with thanks